Is bigger necessarily better? When it comes to tablets, we have seen the trend go from tablets around the 10” size drop to the 7” variety. While 10” tablets aren’t exactly considered bulky, their 7” counterparts are a lot more mobile and portable, with devices like the Nexus 7, iPad mini, and Kindle Fire HDX doing quite well for themselves. However it looks like Samsung could be headed the opposite direction with their upcoming Galaxy Note Pro which is rumored to sport a 12.2” display, and thanks to recent AnTuTu benchmarks (discovered by the folks at SamMobile), the full specifications of the upcoming device has been revealed, which we guess would ultimately “confirm” its existence.
So what sort of specs are we looking at? According to the benchmarks, the Galaxy Note Pro will sport a 12.2” 2560×1600 display. It will also be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage which is expandable via the microSD card slot, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 2.1MP front-facing camera, and thankfully will run on the latest build of Android 4.4.2 KitKiat out of the box with Samsung’s TouchWiz/Nature UI on top of it. The tablet is also expected to feature the usual connectivity options, such as WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC.
No word on when Samsung will announce the Galaxy Note Pro, but some have speculated that it will be announced at MWC 2014 which will be taking place in February, so be sure to check back with us then for the details!
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-02-04: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Available In The U.S. This February 13
- 2014-02-03: Samsung Galaxy NotePRO Pre-Orders At Office Depot
- 2014-01-28: Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 Pro UK Pre-Orders Kick Off
- 2014-01-27: Samsung Galaxy Pro Series Of Tablets Could Launch On Valentines Day
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review