Android 4.3 Jelly Bean might not be the latest iteration of Google’s mobile platform, but still there are a plethora of devices that have yet to be updated to said firmware. As it has often been mentioned, there are a number of steps that an update has to go through before its actually rolled out to end users. There has been much chatter about when Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is going to be released for Sony Xperia T, TX, V and SP. The company has put an end to rumors, it has revealed in a tweet that the update will start rolling out from the end of January and will become available for everyone by early February.
There exists the possibility that Jelly Bean might be the last major update that these devices receive for a long time. Sony’s list of devices that will be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat in the near future doesn’t include these Xperia models. While Sony hasn’t outright denied the possibility of these devices ever receiving KitKat, its still a long shot. Users looking to get a taste of KitKat on their devices might have to resort to custom ROMs based on Android 4.4, nothing can be said for sure right now about an official release.
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online
- 2013-12-08: Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked