It goes without saying that millions of Samsung Galaxy S4 owners around the world are waiting on the manufacturer to roll out Android 4.4 KitKat. Google released KitKat late last year, and so far it has been released for a handful of devices. Samsung recently rolled out Android 4.4 KitKat for the international LTE variant of Galaxy Note 3, but the Galaxy S4 is yet to receive the same treatment, though its expected to in the near future. Yet another Android 4.4.2 build for Galaxy S4 has now leaked online.
The I9505XXUFNA5 carries a build date of January 14th, and is said to be better than the KitKat build for Galaxy S4 that was previously leaked. Many bugs are claimed to have been fixed and speed improvements have also been noticed. The keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation and a camera shortcut has been added to the lockscreen. So far the company hasn’t confirmed when it intends to roll out the update officially, rumor has it that the update might be released around February or March. People using carrier locked devices may have to wait even longer as carriers tend to hold up updates so that they can run their own tests. If you’re feeling adventurous enough, the leaked Android 4.4.2 build can be downloaded from here.
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2013-12-15: Galaxy S4 And HTC One Google Play Edition Receive Android 4.4.2 Update