There are game which seem like a good idea at the start, but turn out to be extremely bad ones. Plastic Surgery for Barbie has to be one of them. As the name implies, this is a game about plastic surgery in which it targets young children to play as plastic surgeons. Well it seems that both Apple and Google thought it was a horrible idea for a game and has since pulled it from the iTunes App Store and Google Play store. Basically what the game was about was that it tasked players to perform plastic surgery on a female character, such as liposuction for example, and finally comparing the before and after results.
According to the game’s description, “This unfortunate girl has so much extra weight that no diet can help her. In our clinic she can go through a surgery called liposuction that will make her slim and beautiful.” While Google did not comment on the specifics of why the app was pulled, they claimed that it breached their guidelines. Mattel too issued a statement claiming that the Barbie branding was not sanctioned by the company and that they will take action to prevent their brand from being used by products that might be unsafe or inappropriate for children. What do you guys think? Was this game a harmless one or do you think that it might have influenced young children negatively?
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-01-15: News Republic 4.0 Features Smart Recommendations
- 2013-11-26: Assassin's Creed Pirates Headed Onto iOS And Android December 5th
- 2013-10-31: Angry Birds Developer Releases Match-3 Puzzle Game On iOS, Android
- 2013-10-30: Double Dragon Trilogy To Make Its Way Onto iOS And Android