I don’t know about you, but the last time I checked our calendar, the year was shown off as 2014. Yes sir, we are now well into 2014, and the iPhone 5s alongside a “budget” iPhone known as the iPhone 5c were released in 2013 – which was last year. The whole reason why I am so particular in pointing out the timeline is, something strange is happening in India. Apparently, Cupertino is working to roll out its iPhone 4 in the Indian market. Yes, you read that right – the iPhone 4, a smartphone that actually caused quite a storm worldwide when we were still stuck in the year 2010, where it sports 512MB RAM, a single-core 1GHz processor and 8GB of internal memory. How archaic!
To make matters even more confounding, apparently Apple has slapped a price tag of Rs 22,900, which when converted, would equal to approximately $370 for an unlocked device, and we are referring to the paltry 8GB model, of course. It does look as though the extremely expensive iPhone 5s as well as plastic looking and iPhone 5c have failed to capture the imagination of those living in India, making the iPhone 4S look a whole lot more reasonable when it comes to an Apple smartphone. What about the iPhone 5, you ask? Apparently, it has been pulled from the market right now.
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2012-03-20: iPhone 4 bursts into smoke
- 2012-01-19: OtterBox LIVESTRONG iPhone 4 case for a good cause