The wait is finally over for HTC One X users. A couple of days back the company had revealed that this update had received technical approval, which meant that the roll out was imminent. Today, the AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 update has finally been released, a few weeks after the carrier released Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the HTC One X+. The update is being rolled out in stages, so even if it hasn’t shown up in your region, it probably will as the day progresses.
HTC One X users should have received a notification on their device, telling them that the update is now available for download. Those who have not yet received it can try manually invoking the update through the settings application. If that doesn’t help, then it most certainly requires you to wait until the update goes live in your particular region. The AT&T HTC One X Android 4.2 update brings all the bells and whistles we have come to expect from this particular iteration of Google’s mobile operating system, coupled with HTC Sense 5 user interface. It has already been confirmed that this is the last update for HTC One X, neither this smartphone nor the One X+ will receive Android 4.3, KitKat is off limits as well.
Next Story: iPad Smart Bezels Patent Filed
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-09 AT&T HTC One Android 4.3 Update Now Rolling Out
- 2013-10-07 AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-09-16 Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-08-15 AT&T's HTC 8X Reportedly Receiving GDR2 Update