As you might have heard, it has been confirmed that BlackBerry 10.2.1 will be announced on the 28th of January which is good news for those looking forward to the new features that the update will include. However the next question is when will the update be pushed out to users? Apart from iOS, most smartphone platforms are required to pass their updates through to carriers in the US to determine if they’re up to scratch before being released, and it seems that BlackBerry is no exception to the rule, but according to the folks at N4BB, the good news is that for those living in the US, the BlackBerry 10.2.1 update will be officially released on all US carriers come 8AM EST on the 28th of January.
As for those not living in the US, the bad news is that it seems that the update will only be available towards the end of February, meaning that you guys will have to wait for around a month before you can get your hands on it. Presumably it might have something to do with carrier approval, but either way you guys might be in for a wait. In any case the official announcement is expected to be made tomorrow so check back with us then for the details, especially since these release dates are anything but official at the moment.
Next Story: Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms