According to BlackBerry Product Manager Michael Clewley, there will be new additions and features introduced when BlackBerry 10.2.1 comes into the picture, where among them will include BBM Channel. Apart from that, there will also be a “Floating Action Bar” that will be thrown into the mix, where it will reside above the keyboard. BlackBerry claims that a select bunch of BlackBerry 10 users who have yet to get used to the Gesture based user interface actually found themselves lost when it comes to select pages.
I guess this means that one of the most important actions that will be thrown into the mix would be the back button, although there will also be some other common actions which can be performed by the Floating Action Bar. The update, after you have installed it on your BlackBerry 10 device, will allow you to turn it on in the “options” segment. The floating bar itself will be available on specific screens, and when it comes to some pages, you are required to hide the keyboard in order for it to not cover up the action bars that are used on other applications. It looks like the release of BlackBerry 10.2.1 would be the answer to many people’s wishes, no?
Next Story: Path Arrives On Windows Phone
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone