[CES 2014] When it comes to stylish audio products, Bang & Olufsen (B&O) comes to mind. To date the company has managed to produce some pretty stylish look audio products, with some of them looking practically alien in design. Now for those who are looking to get in on B&O’s products but want it in a more compact design, such as a pair of headphones, the company has recently announced at CES 2014 its new headphones, the Form 2i. If you’re wondering why the name sounds so familiar, it is because it is actually an update to its Form 2 headphones that was launched quite a while ago, meaning that it is about time that the product was given a refresh.
The good news is that B&O has kept to its iconic design, as they should considering that the original design has managed to make its way into the Museum of Modern Art in New York as a permanent display. However B&O has updated some of its features and has included a 3-button remote as well as improving upon its comfort, and offering it in a variety of colors, ranging from Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, and Grey. As you can see, the Form 2i is a pair of on-ear headphones, meaning that they sit on your ears as opposed to cupping them. Given that the headphones weigh only 90grams and feature improved foam ear pads, this should not provide much discomfort, if any at all.
B&O is also boasting that the Form 2i headphones will not feature any audio tweaks, such as emphasizing on the treble or the bass, as some headphone manufacturers are prone to do in order to cater to particular genre of music. This means that the music you listen to will be as the way it has been recorded and mixed, although it should be noted that to get the best possible quality sound, the source needs to be of good quality and regular MP3 rips will probably be a waste. The new B&O Form 2i headphones will be priced at $129 and will be available come February 2014 via the B&O PLAY online store.
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-04-04: Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 Headphones Look Pretty Sleek
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Premium Headphones Lineup Reportedly Coming Soon
- 2014-03-05: Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2014-02-14: Headphones Get Smarter With The Dash Headphones
- 2014-01-08: Sennheiser Unveils HD8 DJ, HD7 DJ And HD6 MIX Headphones
- 2014-01-07: Bang and Olufsen Reinvents the Wheel with Beosound Essence Sound System
- 2014-01-07: Sennheiser Momentum Headphones Get New Color Options
- 2014-01-07: Sennheiser Unveils G4me One And G4me Zero Gaming Headsets
- 2014-01-06: Monster's DNA Pro Headphones Go Wireless