Remember the ZTE Beast phablet? It has made its way to Boost Mobile, being rebranded as Boost Max, the carrier’s first 5.7 inch phablet which costs $300 off contract. Powered by Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the Boost Max touts a 5.7 inch HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass, an 8 megapixel rear camera, 1.2GHz dual-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and a 3,200mAh battery. Its definitely no powerhouse, but if you’re on the lookout for a relatively cheaper phablet that won’t tie you down to a contract, then this is the phablet for you.
There’s one area where the Boost Max gives rivals in its category a run for their money. It comes with the latest Dolby Digital Plus audio technology, which creates a surround sound mobile experience through headphones and built-in speakers, greatly improving dialogue and clarity while amplifying volume for maximum entertainment. It is also capable of running two applications side-by-side, thanks to a feature called SmartView, which basically does with Samsung’s Multi-Window has been doing for quite some time. Boost Max supports 4G LTE, and with Boost Mobile piggybacking on Sprint’s LTE network, customers will have access to 4G in over 300 markets in the U.S. Boost Max phablet is available for purchase right now through the carrier’s retail stores, select dealers as well as its online store.
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 ZTE Star 1 Box Spotted
- 2014-04-08 ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28 ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2013-09-26 ZTE Warp 4G Announced By Boost Mobile
- 2010-04-01 New Phones Appear At Bluetooth SIG