Whenever a game has been announced to go gold, you know for sure that it is about to flood the market – and this would do nothing other than to raise expectations even further, especially when this particular title has been anticipated for the longest time. We are pleased to announce that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 has just gone gold, with an impending release date pegged to February 25 later next month. The “going gold” announcement was made by game producer David Cox on his Twitter account, touting that a Steam demo, too, is well on its way.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will continue from where the previous title left off. Dracula’s bond to the Belmont family has been revealed, with Dracula being awakened in an attempt to free himself from the shackles of immortality. It is too bad that an even bigger baddie, Satan, is hot on his tails, apart from the Belmonts who have had generations of vampire hunting know-how handed down in their bloodline. Dracula, in a desperate bid for survival, will need to battle his way through his own castle so that he can obtain his previous powers prior to being mortal. Wait a minute here, the whole reason of being mortal is so that he can die, so why not let the Belmonts or Satan do the job?
Ah, there would be no game if it were to be so…
Next Story: VTech Kidizoom Watch Targets The Little Ones
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-13: Steam Controller Goes On Sale This October/November (Rumor)
- 2014-04-08: Middle-earth: Shadow Of Mordor Recommended Specs Revealed
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games
- 2014-03-17: Gauntlet Reboot By Warner Bros. Interactive