After what seemed like a mountain of rumors and speculation, Blizzard revealed last year that Diablo 3 would be arriving on consoles like the Sony PlayStation 3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360. That’s good news for gamers but also bad news if they were thinking about purchasing next-gen consoles like the PS4 and the Xbox One. This is mainly because Blizzard has stated that availability for next-gen consoles, like the PS4, could take a while, but we guess better late than never, right? Now we know about the game’s availability for the PS4 but what about the Xbox One? After all Diablo 3 was released for the Xbox 360, so presumably they would release it for the Xbox One as well, right?
Well according to listings by some retailers, they seem to think so as well as a listing on Argos’ website has revealed Diablo 3 for the Xbox One where customers could even pre-order the game and where the retailer has speculated for a 2014 release. It is possible that Diablo 3 could be an exclusive to the PlayStation console for a period of time, which might explain why Blizzard made the announcement during Sony’s PS4 event as opposed to a separate event of their own. Blizzard has since released a statement to the folks at Eurogamer stating, “One of our goals is to bring Diablo 3 to as many players as possible, but we don’t have any other platform announcements to share at this time.” It definitely does not sound like Blizzard is denying it so hopefully we will learn more about Diablo 3 for the Xbox One in the near future.
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-03-24 Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works