When it comes to tablets, companies such as Apple, Samsung, Google, and Amazon might pop into mind, so we can’t blame you if you have never heard of the company E FUN. Well if tablets designed for the budget shopper is what you’re after, then perhaps E FUN will be a company you’ll want to keep an eye on because it would seem as though the company plans on announce two new tablets at CES 2014 next week. The company will be debuting two new tablets in the form of the Nextbook 8 and the Nextbook 10, and in case their names weren’t indication enough, they are of the 8” and 10” variety and will be priced at $129.99 and $149.99 respectively.
Both tablets are expected to share the same hardware, meaning that apart from the difference in display sizes, with the 8” sporting a 1024×768 resolution and the 10” featuring a 1024×600 resolution, everything else will be almost identical. This means that both tablets will be powered by a 1.6GHz Cortex A9 chipset and will be accompanied by 1GB of RAM. It will also come with a 2MP rear-facing camera, a 0.3MP front-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and will support microSD card slots that will allow for memory expansion. Both tablets will also come with apps such as Barnes & Noble’s Nook, Flixster, VUDU, and Springpad. E FUN is also said to have a Nextbook 7 in the works which will debut later in Q1 and will come with a price tag of $99.
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-03: E FUN Unveils New Nextbook 8" And 10" Tablets
- 2013-06-19: E FUN Nextbook Premium 8HD
- 2012-06-11: E FUN Premium 8SE tablet in time for Father's Day
- 2012-03-05: E FUN integrates GetJar App Store onto Nextbook Android tablets
- 2012-01-06: E FUN APEN A5 Digital Pen