When it comes to browsers on our computers, we have a few options to choose from. We have the default Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, and Mozilla’s Firefox, just to name a few, and the good news for Firefox fans is that if you were waiting for the company to release a Windows 8 version of the browser, you might be in luck as the software’s Wiki page has recently been updated and has been given a new release date, which is pegged for the 18th of March 2014, with the software expected to be completed by the end of January 2014. Of course it should be noted that this is only the forecasted date, meaning that there is a chance it could be delayed, or (fingers-crossed) it could be released even earlier than expected.
The company had initially planned to launch Firefox for Windows 8 back in 2012, so it’s nice to see that we are finally getting a possible release date, even if it might be forecasted. For those who cannot wait until March 2014, there is a beta version of Firefox which can be found through the company’s “Firefox Aurora Beta Channel”, meaning that you will not be able to find it via the traditional channels, which is the Windows Store. Of course given its beta status there are bound to be bugs but if you don’t mind working through those bugs, you can always give it a try, or alternatively you can wait until March. Either check back with us at a later date to see if there are any updates to be had.
- 2014-04-02: Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02: Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01: Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2013-12-12: Firefox Start Screen For Windows 8 Version Spotted
- 2013-09-21: Firefox For Windows 8 Tablets Preview Launched
- 2013-02-14: Mozilla Rolls Out Firefox For Windows 8
- 2012-10-08: Mozilla Firefox 18 for Metro preview released