It has been quite a while since many Android owners around the world have been waiting for the latest iteration to drop. Google’s own crop of Nexus devices were the very first to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update, and since then it has only been released for a handful of devices. Samsung released the Galaxy Note 3 phablet last year and it turned out to be a popular product. No doubt that there are a lot of Galaxy Note 3 owners out there waiting for some chocolately goodness. Word has come in that the update is now rolling out for SM-N9005 a.k.a the quadcore Snapdragon 800 powered variant.
The update seems to have been rolled out earlier than expected. Build number of this official release is believed to be similar to the build that was leaked over the weekend. The Android 4.4.2 update carries a build date of January 9th and brings with it all the bells and whistles that one can expect from Google’s latest iteration of its mobile operating system. The update was first spotted in Poland, its highly likely that its going to take quite a while before Android 4.4.2 reaches all Galaxy Note 3 owners in various regions around the world. Those with carrier locked devices might have to wait for a bit longer.
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out
- 2014-03-05: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-01-15: CyanogenMod 11 Galaxy Note 3 Nightly Builds Released