The rumor mill is abuzz with chatter about Samsung’s 2014 flagship devices, and already there has been a lot of talk about what we can expect particularly from the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Note 4. The former is actually expected to be released in March, so it would give us an idea of what to expect, feature-wise, from the phablet which isn’t due until at least September 2014. A rumor coming in from Korea suggests that these two devices could come with improved gesture based features like Air View and Air Gesture, which pick up user input when the finger is hovered just above the display.
Apparently Samsung has once again selected Synaptics to provide the touch controller for its 2014 flagships, and rumor has it that the company has improved its touch controllers which are now presumably better at detecting hovering fingers. This would mean that users will be able to take advantage of the aforementioned features by hovering their fingers at a greater distance than before. It is also claimed that Synaptics has greatly enhanced its stylus pen functionality, enabling the touchscreen panel to pick up penpoints as low as 2.5 pi, this means that the display will be able to pick up even more precise handwriting. Samsung has been gradually improving its gesture features, its possible that the company’s next flagships might tout what has been rumored here, but still, a rumor is a rumor. We can’t absolutely be sure until Samsung officially confirms it.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off