The rumor mill is abuzz with chatter about Samsung’s 2014 flagship devices, and already there has been a lot of talk about what we can expect particularly from the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy Note 4. The former is actually expected to be released in March, so it would give us an idea of what to expect, feature-wise, from the phablet which isn’t due until at least September 2014. A rumor coming in from Korea suggests that these two devices could come with improved gesture based features like Air View and Air Gesture, which pick up user input when the finger is hovered just above the display.
Apparently Samsung has once again selected Synaptics to provide the touch controller for its 2014 flagships, and rumor has it that the company has improved its touch controllers which are now presumably better at detecting hovering fingers. This would mean that users will be able to take advantage of the aforementioned features by hovering their fingers at a greater distance than before. It is also claimed that Synaptics has greatly enhanced its stylus pen functionality, enabling the touchscreen panel to pick up penpoints as low as 2.5 pi, this means that the display will be able to pick up even more precise handwriting. Samsung has been gradually improving its gesture features, its possible that the company’s next flagships might tout what has been rumored here, but still, a rumor is a rumor. We can’t absolutely be sure until Samsung officially confirms it.
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5