We know that Samsung is going to release a new flagship smartphone in a couple of months, which is expected to be called the Galaxy S5. Already there have been a lot of rumors about this device, a Samsung executive recently said that the Galaxy S5 will be released in April. Rumor has it that the release event will take place in London, around mid-March. An exact date has not been rumored as yet, but England’s capital is claimed to be the place where the Korean juggernaut unveils its latest flagship to the world.
This latest rumor comes after reports that a launch is expected at Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona. MWC kicks off late next month, but it didn’t seem likely that the announcement will be made there. Samsung hasn’t launched a flagship device at MWC since Galaxy S2. The rumor about Galaxy S5 event in London comes from Italian journalist Flavio, who claims to have heard from a reliable source with knowledge of the global launch event. Samsung hasn’t dropped any hints as yet, about its upcoming smartphone or the location where it will be unveiled. It is still a bit too soon to be sure right now, rumors such as this fly around quite a bit prior to a new product’s unveiling. We’ll only really know for sure once invites from Samsung start coming in.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off