Last year it was being rumored that due to disappointing Galaxy S4 sales, Samsung is expected to release Galaxy S5 ahead of schedule. Some people expected the new flagship smartphone to be released by January 2014. That doesn’t seem to be the case though because according to Lee Young Hee, executive vice president of Samsung’s mobile division, the company has always announced its first flagship smartphone in the first half of each year and it expects to follow that with the Galaxy S5 as well. He expects the smartphone to be released around March and April 2014.
He also said that customers can also expect a Galaxy Gear successor to launch alongside the new smartphone, it is said to have advanced functions, “and the bulky design will also be improved.” Samsung also has plans to launch at least one other wearable device in 2014, but the company hasn’t disclosed as yet what this device could be. The high-level executive also commented on an interesting rumor that has been making the rounds recently, that the Galaxy S5 may come with an eye scanner. He says that the company is “studying the possibility,” right now but it can’t be said for sure if they will be able to get it ready in time for the Galaxy S5.
- 2014-04-13: Plastic HTC One M8 Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5