If there’s anything that can really ruin your day it would be loading up a game only to find that your saved files have been saved over by a friend or sibling, or finding that your save files are corrupt which basically means that the hours you spent in the game progressing and collecting gear has been all for naught. Well the bad news is that this seems to be an issue affecting Sony PlayStation 4 gamers who are reporting that their consoles are corrupting their save files, resulting in lost progress and even unplayable games.
This is not a rare occurrence as many gamers have since posted to the forums about this issue, where the forum thread has ballooned to about 34-pages and counting. The error code has been reported as “Error CE-34878-0” and is not limited to a specific game. Gamers complaining about the error come from a variety of games such as NBA 2K14, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. For the most part the error means the file has been corrupt, but in rare cases it also renders the game unplayable. So far the remedies for this is to either delete the save file entirely, or get a full console replacement, although Sony has yet to officially acknowledge the issue themselves and provide a solution.
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4