Last year we saw a lot of manufacturers jump on the “gold” bandwagon. A number of major flagships were released in gold color, which is believed to appeal to masses in certain markets. Even Apple took the plunge, offering its flagship iPhone 5s smartphone in champagne color. We saw a similar move from HTC and Samsung, as well as various Chinese vendors. It appears that LG has succumbed to the temptation as well, and has offered last year’s flagship, the LG G2, in gold as well.
The listing for the gold LG G2 was spotted on e-commerce website ePrice, which is currently selling said smartphone in 16GB and 32GB flavors for $500 and $560 respectively, these units are SIM-free and aren’t locked to any mobile carrier. It warrants mentioning here that LG hasn’t officially announced that gold is now a color option in which the G2 is available in, the company has not commented on this report so far, hopefully it will speak up and let us know in the near future. It certainly wouldn’t surprise anyone to see LG launch a gold colored smartphone as well, the color seems to be quite popular so there’s really no harm in accommodating that consumer preference as well.
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-03-03: LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23: AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21: LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15: International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2013-12-29: LG L Series II Receives Popular 'Knock' Feature Next Month