The folks over at HP have confirmed that they will be introducing their new smartphones later this year in India, after taking a three year plus hiatus. The two smartphones that will roll out will include the 6-inch Slate 6 and 7-inch Slate 7 VoiceTab, where both of them will be powered by the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. I do wonder whether the new handsets, when released in India, will be able to capture the imagination of the rest of the world.
According to Re/code, regardless of either smartphone that you pick up, it will arrive with a yet unknown quad-core processor type as well as 16GB of internal memory. The HP Slate 6 that you see above will sport a 1280 x 720 display, where the entire shebang measures under 9mm thin. As for the HP Slate 7, it will have a Full HD display at 1080 x 1920 resolution, alongside a chassis that measures 9.5mm thin. Pricing details for both devices remain unknown as at press time.
Earlier last week, we did gather some information on how the folks over at HP will be rolling out new phablets that could cost anywhere from $200 and above – such as $250. Will HP be able to succeed this time around? Only time will be able to tell.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June