The HTC M8, which is a smartphone that has yet to roll out officially and yet has already been on the receiving end of so many rumors to date, has yet another rumor attached to it – that the HTC M8 could very well arrive later this March, where it will be accompanied by a larger viewing real estate area as well as a twin-sensor UltraPixel camera. Of course, just like how any other decent rumor out there will be proven (or otherwise) in due time, we will just have to sit tight and wait. The HTC M8 happens to be the codename for the next flagship device from HTC, and there is a very real possibility of it being called the One 2 Or Two, depending on which way the wind blows. At the very least, it will share a pretty similar design philosophy as the HTC One, which is a good thing since the HTC One has proven itself to be more than a decent flagship. Unfortunately, it is the company’s baggage that has led to a lower level of adoption for the HTC One than the folks over at HTC would have liked, especially for a flagship.
In the latest rumor of the HTC M8, it has been described to feature “Qualcomm Inc.’s later Snapdragon processor”. A simple act of deduction would come in handy here – should the HTC M8 roll out this March, it will be too early for Qualcomm’s latest high end chip to date, the Snapdragon 805, as that bad boy is hitting the markets only later this May. That would mean the logical choice for the HTC M8 would be the Snapdragon 800 chipset.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-11: HTC M8 Picture Leaks Yet Again
- 2014-02-10: Sense 6.0 BlinkFeed Seen In Leaked Image
- 2014-01-31: HTC M8 Release Date & Specs Round-Up - Unofficial
- 2014-01-16: Alleged HTC M8 Case Hints At Fingerprint Scanner