The HTC One was one of the few smartphones released last year that really caught the market’s attention. Even if it didn’t do wonders for HTC’s balance sheets, the smartphone was very well received, highly praised for its premium build quality and design. Users have been waiting for a long time to receive the latest Android update, so far there hasn’t been much progress on that front. Scattered reports from the internet reveal that HTC One Android 4.4.2 update might be rolling out across the pond, with people based in several European markets confirming to have received the latest iteration of KitKat.
Rolling out over the air, the update weighs in at 300MB, bringing all that we have come to expect from Android 4.4.2 and then some. HTC One Android 4.4.2 update brings an updated browser, which removes support for Flash. New Bluetooth profiles have been added to support more media interactions, the Cloud Print service has also been improved. The usual slew of security enhancements are present as well. Before you start lamenting your luck, bear in mind that U.S. HTC One owners are expected to receive KitKat in the very near future. It has already been confirmed that carriers have now started testing out the update, and that its going to be released within the coming weeks.
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Launches The All New Galaxy Tab 4 Lineup
- 2014-03-31: HTC Butterfly Android 4.4 Update 'Coming Soon'
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Available Now
- 2014-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Releasing This Week
- 2014-01-26: U.S. HTC One Android 4.4 KitKat Update To Arrive Soon
- 2013-11-25: HTC One Google Play Edition Android 4.4 KitKat Update Rolling Out
- 2013-11-20: HTC Details Android 4.4 Update Roadmap For HTC One And Droid DNA
- 2013-11-17: HTC One Google Play Edition Android 4.4 Update Might Be Released Soon