[CES 2014] JVC today unveiled a new lineup of Everio camcorders that are immune to the elements. These rugged camcorders are water, dust, shock and freeze-proof, making them perfect companions to document your extreme adventures. Both models, GZ-R70 and GZR-10, feature JVC’s quad-proof structure which makes them water resistant up to 5m and able to withstand drops from as high as 1.5m. The camcorders will capture full 1080p HD video in temperatures as low as –10˚C/14˚F.
On a single charge, JVC claims that these two Everio models can provide 4.5 hours of battery life. Apart from that they feature 40x optical zoom, a 2.5 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, audio that zooms along with the picture, and compatibility with popular editing softwares such as Final Cut Pro X and iMovie. The company’s FALCONBRID engine facilitates efficient processing of audio and video to deliver optimum images and sound. Coupled with its K2 technology, the camcorders are capable of effectively restoring sound during playback so that elements like gusts of wind or traffic noise don’t spoil the soundtrack. JVC GZ-R70 with 32GB internal memory and a built-in LED light will be available in April 2014 for $499.95. The JVC GZ-R10 will be available in black, blue and red colors in March 2014 for $399.95.
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2014-01-07: JVC Everio Rugged And Weather-Proof Camcorders Unveiled
- 2013-07-25: JVC Unveils GC-XA2 Rugged Camera
- 2013-01-22: JVC MirrorLink Receiver Delivers Seamless Smartphone Control
- 2013-01-08: JVC GC-PX100 Camera Is Designed For Fast And Easy Handling
- 2012-10-17: JVC 3D HDTV wears the Smart TV mantle