Sony PlayStation 4 or Microsoft Xbox One? We’re sure both platforms have their pros and cons that hardcore fans can spend days arguing over, but does it really matter? To a certain extent it does matter because gamers have to choose between platforms due to each platform offering different games and different exclusives, such as God of War for Sony, Halo for Microsoft, and the Mario franchise for Nintendo, so yes, to a certain point it matters which platform gamers choose. However despite these differences, Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hyrb stated that the online hate from all camps needs to go away.
As you might have heard, the Xbox One recently took the title as best selling console in the US for December, a title which Microsoft should be pretty proud about, and they are, but instead of taking to the internet to boast about it, Hyrb took to Reddit where he was quoted as saying, “Both new platforms are off to a great start. We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry. Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away.” Hyrb went on to state that, “Indeed. Sony will sell a ton. We will sell a ton. The industry is doing well…and consumers have choice.”
Wise words indeed. What do you guys think? Is it about time that the online hate between PS4 and Xbox One platforms come to an end? Or do you think Hyrb’s comments were made in light that Valve is hoping to encroach on their territory with Steam Machines, and that he thinks consoles should band together to help fend off the Steam invasion?
Next Story: Nintendo Admits They Misread The Market
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures