[CES 2014] In the third quarter of 2012 Lenovo took over the number one position in PC sales, and since then, we have seen a number of great products launched by the company headquartered in Beijing. Today, the PC maker launched it top of the line laptop at CES in Las vegas.A CES Innovation Award winner, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon will certainly be one of the stars of the show.
At 2.9 pounds and 17.7 mm thin the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is made of carbon fiber and is touted as the “lightest 14-inch laptop in the world”. From the product shots and the feature list we got, we can say that the Lenovo’s flagship notebook features an impressive product design packed with top-notch performance, I cannot wait to get my hands on it at the show.
One key feature we love is the Rapid Charge that allows for 80% battery charge in only one hour! According to Lenovo, the Carbon X1 provides up to nine hours of battery life.
Another cool innovation is the Adaptive Keyboard which integrates 40 different functions in the top row. Depending on the user’s activity, whether it is browsing the web or placing a video call for example, the keys dynamically switch to the most common functions used for those applications.
Voice and gesture command are integrated in the system, so for example, you can go to the next or the previous page of a presentation using hand gesture. The voice control support with Dragon 1.5, allows to execute simple commands by speaking to the notebook.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon features include the latest generation of Intel Core processor with Intel HD Graphics 5000 (GT3) (or 4400 (GT2)), a 14-inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS display with 10-point multi-touch (or HD+ (1600×900) TN display), 4G LTE, up to 8GB and up to 512 GB SSD.
Pricing of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon starts at $1299 (depending on the different configurations) and it will be available late January. The OneLink Dock Pro is available now at $179.
- Processor Up to 4th gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Operating System Windows 8.1
- Display/Resolution 14-inch HD+ (1600×900) TN display; 250 nit 14-inch WQHD (2560×1440) IPS display with available 10-point multi-touch; 270/300 nits (touch/non-touch)
- Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 (GT2) & 5000 (GT3)
- Memory Up to 8GB (on board)
- Storage Up to 512 GB SSD
- Audio Stereo Speakers with Dolby Digital Plus; HD Microphone
- Connectors 2 USB 3.0 (1 with AOU); 3.5mm Combo Jack (headphone/mic);
- Full-size HDMI; OneLink Docking; mDP; Native Ethernet via supplied cable
- Keyboard Backlit Adaptive Keyboard
- Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0; 802.11ac; NFC; 4G + LTE WWAN
- Camera 720p HD Camera
- Battery Up to 9 hours
- Weight Starting at under 2.9 pounds
- Dimensions Touch: 331 x 226 x 18.46 mm / 13.03 x 8.9 x .73 in, (Touch) Non-touch: 331 x 226.5 x 17.7mm
Next Story: LaCie Sphere Is A Stylish Looking Hard Drive