It does seem as though having a fingerprint sensor embedded in a smartphone or tablet is the next big thing, first starting off with Apple’s Touch ID, before we start to hear whispers of the Android army working on future hardware that will be able to figure out whether it is your fingerprint or not that will unlock that particular handset. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is touted to feature such a sensor, and now we have word that LG too, intends to introduce a fingerprint sensor on two of its upcoming devices, namely the new flagship, the LG G3 s well as the G2 Pro.
It has been reported that LG will incorporate fingerprint recognition technology in a minimum of its LG G2 Pro phablet in addition to the LG G3. Just where would LG’s engineers place the fingerprint sensor? Well, the report did mention that it will most likely make an appearance on the back of the handset, which would not come across as any surprise, considering how the LG G2 began to turn heads when it was first introduced, featuring volume and power controls at the back.
Other than the fingerprint sensor, what do you think would be the next big leap in smartphones when it comes to the hardware department?
Next Story: Intel Introduces 9 More Haswell Processors
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16 Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2014-04-15 LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online