[CES 2014] It was expected that LG would make OLED TV related announcements at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and the company has definitely come through. Today it unveiled the 55 inch Gallery OLED EA8800 TV which also houses a 100W, 2.2 channel sound system within its “Paper Slim” design. Apart from the company’s Smart TV platform, the Gallery OLED also features LG’s proprietary WEGB OLED picture technology. Working together with LG’s High Dynamic Range system, the EA8800 touts refined picture quality and improved contrast ratio.The TV also introduces a new feature called eGallery. Its a screen saver like mode which displays a variety of images such as personal photos, iconic photographs or even famous paintings when the display isn’t being used as a TV. Speakers are positioned at the left, right and upper edge of the frame, allowing for a clear and crisp multidirectional audio experience. A 20W and a 30W subwoofer provide excellent bass performance, according to LG. The TV’s slim bezels contribute to the display’s CINEMA Screen aesthetic, providing users an immersive viewing experience while maintaining a streamlined and modern look.
The Gallery OLED EA8800 also has LG’s CINEMA 3D system which basically creates two separate images for each eye and combines to create 3D effect when viewed through polarized glasses, which are lightweight and battery free. LG’s Smart TV platform is also incorporated into the TV, which offers access to content providers such as YouTube, Netflix, HuluPlus and many more, including the LG App Store. It comes with a feature called On Now, a recommendation engine, which can be used to find content by name, genre, actor or direction across platforms, even the live TV. The LG Gallery OLED EA8800 is going to be released in the first quarter of 2014. It certainly wont’ fall in everyones budget, given that it costs $8,999.
Next Story: LG + WebOS = Simpler TV? Possibly!
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-01-06 LG + WebOS = Simpler TV? Possibly!
- 2014-01-06 LG SoundPlate Doubles As A Speaker System And Home Entertainment Hub
- 2014-01-06 LG 105UC9 105-inch 21:9 UHD Television
- 2014-01-06 LG EC9800 77-inch Ultra HD Curved OLED TV
- 2014-01-02 LG webOS TV Cards User Interface Leaked