[CES 2014] China’s smartphone market is catered to by a wide variety of companies which often manufacture some of the most unorthodox smartphones that the world has ever seen. These smartphones rarely ever make it outside China, but Meizu seems to be on a mission to globally expand its devices. The company has confirmed that the Meizu MX3, which was officially announced back in September 2013, is going to be launched in the U.S. come Q3, 2014. They have showcased the smartphone at CES 2014 at Las Vegas.Powered by the Exynos 5 octacore processor with 2GB of RAM, the MX3 certainly has impressive specifications. It touts a 5.1 inch high definition display housed in a super narrow 2.90mm bezel, offering a rather unorthodox 1,800×1,080 pixel resolution. The MX3 also has an 8 megapixel rear and 2 megapixel front camera, NFC support, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and 3G compatibility.
In China its offered in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB flavors, it remains to be seen if the very same storage options will be offered in the U.S. as well. Meizu is particularly proud of its Flyme 3.0 custom Android user interface, the device is powered by Android 4.2, which features 324 updated interactions and offers 1,579 new visual features that the company says makes it easy for first time smartphone buyers to get accustomed to the software.
- 2014-04-13: Meizu MX3 With Ubuntu Spotted
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note
- 2014-03-05: Meizu MX4 Could Be Announced On 6th Of March
- 2014-02-19: Meizu And BQ To Roll Out Ubuntu Smartphones
- 2014-01-21: Meizu Teases MX4G And MX4G Mini
- 2014-01-09: Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2014-01-06: LG Lifeband Touch
- 2014-01-05: HP Slate Pro All-in-One with Android and NVidia Tegra 4
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo N308 AIO Android Desktop System Announced