Ever since Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced last year that he is going to step down within 12 months, there has been a lot of speculation about who is going to get the top job at Redmond. Many names have been floated of both internal and external candidates, one of the first to declare himself out of the running was Ford CEO Alan Mulally, who reiterated his commitment to the auto manufacturer. Another Microsoft CEO candidate has taken the same path, kicking all rumors to the curb, its Ericsson CEO Hans Vestberg who confirms that he’s not planning to leave Ericsson for Microsoft.
It was first rumored earlier this month that Microsoft’s board was considering Vestberg, but apparently he has told Ericsson’s board that he has no intention of leaving the company. Speaking with Reuters, Vestberg confirmed that he is committed to his current company and that he plans to continue as its CEO as long as there’s sufficient support from the board. As per a latest report, Microsoft is expected to make an announcement soon about its new CEO. It is expected that Steve Ballmer will also resign from the board once his successor is appointed. Rumors point towards the possibility of Satya Nadella being promoted to CEO, he has been at Microsoft since 1992.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S Neo Moniker To Be Trademarked
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Chinese State Media Calls Microsoft Irresponsible For Ending Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-03-24: Ballmer Might Leave Microsoft For Good
- 2014-01-20: Steve Ballmer To Resign From Microsoft Board Once New CEO Is Appointed [Report]
- 2013-10-10: New Microsoft CEO Expected To Be Appointed This Year
- 2013-10-06: Bill Gates And Steve Ballmer Seek Re-Election To Microsoft's Board
- 2013-09-20: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Hints At Office For iOS, Android