Minecraft is an interesting game title that has garnered its fair share of fans, and it just goes to show how we like to build things from scratch. Well, having said that, any particular game title with a large following would do well to receive updates and upgrades from time to time, and so the same applies to Minecraft. In fact, we have seen a snapshot of Minecraft 1.8, where Survival will now feature stacking doors as well as a trio of stone types.
Mojang’s 1.8 snapshot for Minecraft has been released, where it will finally fix one of the most egregious of errors, which would now allow doors to stack. This would mean you can now tote around multiple doors in your inventory all without having to fret as to whether there is enough space left or not. I suppose a major minor irritant (yes, try figuring that out!) like this has shown Mojang just how faithful their fanbase is. Of course, the ability to stack doors is not all there is to it in the 1.8 snapshot, as there are other different changes introduced to both Survival and Adventure mode, where the latter will no longer allow you to place or destroy blocks without the help of special items.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-07: The Simpsons Couch Gag Gets A Minecraft Theme
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2013-11-11: Minecraft Documentary Now Free To Watch On YouTube
- 2013-08-28: Mojang Patch Preview Reveals Detailed Smaller Oceans, Smoother Biome Transitions
- 2013-02-11: Minecraft: Day Blockers Is The Best Real-World Game Mashup We've Seen Yet
- 2013-02-11: Free Minecraft Pi Edition Now Available
- 2012-10-02: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition makes 4 million sales mark