The Mobile World Congress 2014 takes place next month in Barcelona. This event is attended by major players in the phone industry, not to mention the fact that there’s coverage from global media. Its certainly a big deal, and we often see new devices being announced at MWC. The event isn’t all about devices, there are meetings and discussions as well as keynote speeches from some of the top people in the industry. This year’s opening keynote isn’t going to be delivered by a CEO of a major phone manufacturer, its going to be delivered by the co-founder and CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg.
Zuckerberg’s keynote speech will open Mobile World Congress 2014 on February 24th, it will be streamed online so you really don’t have to go all the way to Barcelona just to hear him speak. Joining him onstage is renowned journalist David Kirkpatrick. They will discuss “extending the benefits of ubiquitous internet access to the unconnected world.” Zuckerberg isn’t the only high-profile personality making a keynote speech, other speakers include IBM CEO Ginni Rometty, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson, WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum and more. We will be on the ground in Barcelona to bring you the latest updates from MWC 2014. Product announcements are expected to be made a couple of days before the actual event starts.
Next Story: Jawbone ERA Introduced
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-03-09: Facebook F8 2014 Is On April 30th
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: Ubuntu Phones Will Hit The Market This Fall
- 2014-01-16: Mobile World Congress 2014 Keynote Speakers Include Mark Zuckerberg
- 2013-08-18: 'IT Expert' Discovers Exploit, Posts On Mark Zuckerberg's Wall After Facebook Doesn't Pay Heed
- 2013-06-18: Facebook Discusses Potential Partnerships With Samsung
- 2013-06-11: Future Facebook Android App Will Bring On Off Switch For Facebook Home