Towards the end of 2013, we reported on a mysterious LG device that had the model number D830. At that time it was speculated that this might be the successor to the LG G2, and now according to the folks at Phone Arena, they have managed to get their hands on LG’s User Agent Profile in which additional specifications of the LG D830 have been revealed, assuming that the information is accurate, of course. The previous UAP showed that the handset would feature a Full HD display, and now the additional specs are claiming a 13MP camera with the ability to support 4K video playback, and also 120fps which is basically support for slow-motion playback. Apart from that, not much else is known.
It’s interesting that LG is still keeping to a Full HD 1920×1080 display, especially in the face of the competition from Vivo and Oppo, and maybe even Samsung, who have released devices with 2K resolutions which are higher than Full HD which has more or less become a standard for 2013’s flagship devices. Assuming that LG does stick to a Full HD display, it will no doubt be a disadvantage, at least in terms of marketing, to their direct rival, Samsung. Hopefully these are not the final specs but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more information, so be sure to check back with us at a later date and hopefully LG will have something to share at MWC 2014!
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2014-02-25 LG F90 Mid-Ranged Handset Unveiled
- 2014-02-24 LG F70 Mid-Ranged LTE Smartphone Unveiled
- 2014-02-24 LG G Pro 2 Hands-On Review
- 2014-02-20 LG G2 Mini To Have Three Hardware Variants
- 2014-02-18 LG Posts MWC Teaser Trailer