Another day, another leak – although this time around it has nothing whatsoever to do with a new smartphone or tablet device. We are referring to the latest Windows 8.1 update 1 screenshots that will highlight modern app pinning, and among them a hover preview has also been caught out in the wild. It does seem as though Microsoft is on the move to merge both modern and classic desktop environments with Windows 8.1 and Windows 9. With Windows 9, there are whispers going around that this operating system will be able to run modern apps in a windowed environment on the desktop, which would definitely enhance the level of usability for folks who happen to be rocking to Windows 9 on a non-touchscreen device.
Apart from that, there is something about the latest screenshot that seems to point towards a build of the Windows 8.1 spring update arriving sooner rather than later. In the past, rumored leak dates have not exactly been spot on, but with the screenshot leaks being more and more frequent in recent times, it could very well mean that additional users have the build in their hands. It is widely expected for Microsoft to either release or announce the spring update later this April at its very own BUILD conference. As for Windows 9, many assume it is not going to roll out until the first half of next year, although we could very well see and hear Microsoft outline plans for Windows 9 at BUILD this year.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S4 La Fleur Edition Confirmed
- 2014-04-17: Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08: Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-07: Windows 8.1 Update Compulsory For Windows 8.1 Users
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Adjusting To New Reality: Free Windows And More