You know what they say, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. In the world of portable consoles, there is no one who does it better than Nintendo. After all, the Nintendo Game Boy family managed to outlive its far more illustrious rivals over the years with a dot matrix display, and while it received some decent competition from Sony’s PSP over the years, the Nintendo DS family had stayed strong throughout. The latest model, the Nintendo 3DS (which has been around for quite a while too) has been doing roaring business on the software front, where Nintendo shared that the combined physical and eShop 3DS software sales managed to touch the 16 million unit mark last year, which is a 45 percent year-on-year increase over sales from the previous year. How about its hardware sales figure?
Well, the Nintendo 3DS did not do too shabbily either where hardware sales are concerned, managing to hit 11.5 million units just in the US alone. Do bear in mind that this particular figure comprises of the Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS sales in the past year. Nintendo of America’s executive VP of Sales & Marketing Scott Moffitt has also shared that the 3DS happens to be a “powerhouse”, and boasted that “the best days of Nintendo 3DS are still to come.” Do you own a Nintendo 3DS?
Next Story: Xi3 Piston Does Non-Steam Games
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties
- 2013-12-29: Porn Found On Supposedly New Nintendo 3DS Bought From Wal-Mart