As most of us are already aware, both Microsoft and Nokia have already introduced the GDR3 and Lumia Black update to the likes of the Lumia 1020, 925, 920 and 820, while folks who prefer to pick up the Nokia Lumia 1520 would have it up and running right out of the box. What about the lower end Lumia handsets? Fret not, owners of the Nokia Lumia 625, as it has also jumped aboard the Lumia Black bandwagon this time around.
Nokia Lumia 625 owners in different countries worldwide have begun to receive the notification for both the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update as well as Nokia’s Lumia Black improvements. Patience is the keyword here if you have yet to see this update appear on your Lumia 625 .
This Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update would allow you to close apps directly from the app switching UI itself, all the while offering auto rotation on/off switch, Driving Mode, Bluetooth tethering, improved storage management, custom ringtones for messages, and new accessibility options to the masses. Not only that, Bluetooth 4.0 LE support has also been thrown to the mix. Since these two updates have been specially optimized for Lumia handsets that have just 512MB RAM, it would not be too far off the mark to see the likes of the Lumia 520, 620 and 720 to be on the receiving end of similar updates in due time.
Next Story: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-03-24 Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17 Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10 Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-03 Oppo Find 7 50 Megapixel Camera Rumored
- 2014-02-28 Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)