It has been quite some time since Verizon Wireless unveiled a brand new Nokia Lumia smartphone. Well, all of that patient waiting seems to have paid off, as the next handset from Nokia which will make an appearance on Verizon would be the Nokia Lumia Icon, whereby a page on Verizon’s website has already gone live albeit for a moment before it was taken down. The URL still exists at time of publishing, so you might want to check it out.
That particular page was spotted by a member of The Verge’s forums, and the page also did seem as though it confirmed that some of the rumored hardware specifications, including a 5” display, a quad-core 2.2GHz processor, and a 20-megapixel camera. There was also a $777 price tag attached to it, which is in all probability a placeholder instead of the actual handset’s price. Not only that, this would be the first smartphone in Nokia’s Lumia range that would also stop the numbered branding and take on an actual name instead. Could this very well be one of the last smartphones that will be churned out by Nokia before its Devices and Services division was sold on an official basis to Microsoft?
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-02-20: Microsoft Throwing In Free Wireless Charger With Lumia Icon Purchase
- 2014-02-12: Nokia Lumia Icon Announced, A Verizon Exclusive
- 2014-02-04: Nokia Lumia Icon Case Leaked
- 2014-01-21: Nokia Lumia Icon Makes An Appearance On Verizon's Website (Again)
- 2014-01-19: Verizon's Lumia Icon Goes On Sale In China