It was not too long ago when Vietnam’s largest online retailer listed the unannounced Nokia Normandy on its website, where they mentioned that this upcoming device will run on Android 4.4 KitKat as the operating system of choice, powered by a dual-core 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and boasts of support for Google Play, Google Now and a slew of the other Google services. @evleaks has revealed in a tweet that seems to depict the Nokia Normandy as the Nokia X, where it will allegedly arrive in half a dozen colors.
Apart from that, some of the hardware specifications point to a 4” WVGA display at 800 x 480 resolution, dual SIM support, a 5MP shooter at the back, 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, and a 1,500 mAh battery. From what we have heard so far, and if all the rumors were to be true, then the Nokia X aka Nokia Normandy would be one device which will target the emerging markets, with a distinct possibility of it being unveiled at Mobile World Congress next month.
We still have no idea which half dozen colors will the Nokia X come in though. Anyone care to warrant a guess?
Nokia X: 2 x 1GHz Snapdragon, 4" WVGA, 512MB / 4GB / microSD, 5MP, 1500MAh, Nokia Store + 3rd party, dual-SIM, 6 colors.
— @evleaks (@evleaks) January 28, 2014
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-02-26: Nokia X Not Coming To The U.S.
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X and XL Android Phones: Hands-On
- 2014-02-24: Nokia X And Nokia X+ Unveiled
- 2014-02-24: Nokia XL Is Nokia's Third And Largest Android Device
- 2014-02-03: Nokia Normandy/ Nokia X Release Date, News & Specs Round-Up