If you’re a fan of diving or going to the pool or the beach, chances are you might need a waterproof camera to snap photos. While our phones are more than capable of snapping great photos, dropping it into the pool is not the best idea. Well the good news is that Olympus has announced a new underwater camera in the form of the Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS. The camera has been designed for taking photos underwater (up to 10m) and will feature a 21-105mm 5x optical zoom lens, which Olympus calls the widest lens of any rugged camera available in the market today.
Other rugged features of the camera include shockproof (from a drop of 2.1m), dustproof, crushproof (able to withstand up to 100kg), and freezeproof (down to -10C), all of which are to a certain extent, naturally. Apart from the rugged features, the Olympus TG-850 will also come with a 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor and will be feature Olympus’ TruePic VII processor. It will also come with a 3” 180-degree flip LCD monitor, fast AF, 7.1fps shooting, and will be able to record videos in Full HD at 60fps. Priced at $249.99 and available in black, silver, and white, the Olympus TG-850 will be up for purchase come March 2014.
Next Story: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Has Been Officially Launched
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS TG-3 Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS SH-1 Unveiled
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus SP-100 Superzoom Camera With Dot-Sight Tracking Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Camera Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Has Been Officially Launched
- 2014-01-26: New Olympus OMD E-M10 Photos Leaked