When it comes to smartphones, the folks over at Panasonic have not exactly been the most prominent name around, and they finally quit the smartphone market after realizing that they were unable to make much headway in this particular department. Well, you know what they say – you can’t keep a good man down, and while Panasonic is not a human per se, they are a pretty decent company by all accounts, and have every intention to make their way back into the smartphone market after all.
Of course, this is but a rumor since nothing concrete has been confirmed just yet, but assuming Panasonic were to actually change their mind about “retirement” from the smartphone market, then it is certainly an interesting proposition, as we are definitely interested to hear and see what they have in store for the masses in the future. Word as reported by the Japanese media claim that there is a new Panasonic handset which is being developed in-house, and it is touted to sport a 5” display, not to mention being a rugged bad boy that is shock resistant. Perhaps more will be revealed as Panasonic hits the showfloor at Mobile World Congress that is happening later this coming February 24 to February 27 in Barcelona, Spain.
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-09: Arirang AS1201 Could Be Made In China, Ironically
- 2014-04-07: OnePlus One To Feature 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2013-08-06: Panasonic To Quit The Smartphone Market (Rumor)