Yesterday we picked up on complaints from numerous PlayStation 4 owners who found that their saved game files were automatically being corrupted by Sony’s next generation console. Now this is something that can be very infuriating for gamers who have spent hours in a game progressing and locking down achievements and what not. The last thing you want to experience after spending so much time is the inability to access saved game data. Gamers have complained about lost progress and in some instances, even unplayable games. This mysterious error, PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0, is being investigated by Sony.
Roughly a day after this mysterious error started making life hell for gamers, Sony has officially acknowledged its existence. In a statement provided to Eurogamer, the company says that it is aware of the cases and that it appreciates customers’ patience while it investigates. Gamers have reported losing progress in popular titles such as Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, FIFA 13, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag and NBA 2K14. The error is widespread, affecting multiple games and publishers, which hints that there might be some issue in Sony’s hardware. Hopefully the company will be able to fix PlayStation 4 error CE-34878-0 soon. Those who are affected by it can only sit back and wait for a fix to drop.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-27: Sony To Adjust PS4 PSN Game Prices In Europe
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]