We saw a number of smartwatches being released last year and the trend is expected to continue this year as well. Qualcomm, commonly known for the mobile chips that it makes, also released its very own smartwatch called the Toq. At $350 a pop, the Toq might not be everyone’s cup of tea. If you have been waiting to purchase this smartwatch then you’re in luck this week. In honor of the International Consumer Electronics Show 2014 that’s well underway in Las Vegas right now, the company has slashed $50 off the Toq’s price.
That’s right, you can now purchase a Qualcomm Toq smartwatch for $300. The deal runs through January 11. Toq touts Qualcomm’s Mirasol display, which gives it a leg up on its competitors. Apart from that, its pretty similar to all of the other smartwatches that we saw last year. Qualcomm isn’t expected to unveil a new wearable device at CES 2014, but there have been rumors that a lot of its competitors will be showcasing their latest smartwatches, which will definitely be making the headlines. Perhaps its an effort to hog some of the limelight, but it does bring a $50 discount for you, so head on down to Qualcomm’s website and pick up a Toq if you so desire.
Next Story: Powerocks Portable Power Bank
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: LG G Watch Pegged For July Release, Priced At £180
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3