Skyrim has had a rocky path over the years especially when it comes to the various console releases, but let us sit down and reason about the possibility of next generation consoles getting some Skyrim action along the way. Apparently, a listing on Bethesda’s website has been discovered, where on the Skyrim product page, there was a modified caption which mentioned both the Xbox One and PS4, right after the previous generation listings. The Xbox 360, PS3, and PC text will redirect one to GameStop’s online storefront, although the Xbox One and PS4 text does not do anything – for the moment, at least.
It remains to be seen just how long the listings have been up, but they are there. Bethesda has not confirmed anything just yet, and it is not too far-fetched to to think of Skyrim headed to both the Xbox One and PS4. After all, a successful and hugely popular title like this could very well benefit from another release, and considering the higher price point at which a next-gen title would sell for, it could be a profitable venture to boot. Do you think that having Skyrim on the PS4 or Xbox One will be a success, or would that particular phase have passed by already for most gamers?
Next Story: Nokia Lumia Icon Spotted In Verizon Site
- 2014-04-07 Gamer Proposes To Girlfriend With Skyrim Amulet
- 2014-04-04 Game Of Thrones Opening Sequence Recreated In Skyrim
- 2014-01-09 Skyrim For Xbox One And PS4 Turns Out To Be A Mistake
- 2013-12-11 Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2011-12-01 Skyrim to use Steam Workshop for mods
- 2011-11-04 Skyrim goes gold – time to polish those swords
- 2011-10-25 Skyrim PC requirements officially announced
- 2011-10-11 Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim manual leaked (updated)