Ah, the progress of technology is a relentless beast, you can be sure of that. Remember how we made the jump to color displays on our smartphones, when TVs had color for a few decades already? Well, slowly but surely, the march to Full HD smartphone displays happened, and now we have the possibility of another major breakthrough. Apparently, Samsung presenters might have indicated by accident that they have a QHD Super AMOLED mobile display panel in the pipeline with a whopping 560ppi pixel density, while more resolute models are being worked upon even as you read this.
The QHD display would mean it boasts of 2560 x 1440 pixels, which does sound like overkill on a smartphone display at this time. I am quietly confident in the ability for Samsung and other developers to find good use for a QHD display in the future, how about you? After all, who would have thought that Full HD displays would make their way to smartphones one fine day, and they actually did. Will this 4K phone display appear on the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5? Only time will be able to tell, but if you want to enjoy 4K resolution at this point in time in your home, you would have better luck settling on a 4K TV instead.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 1820 Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo