Earlier we had reported that the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T’s network had been leaked. Well if you were thinking about getting your hands on the update you might want to hold off from doing so just yet. According to previous reports, there were complaints from several users who claimed that after updating to Android 4.4 KitKat, several accessories for their Galaxy Note 3 handset had stopped working. One of the notable examples was with the S-View cases which no longer triggered a special screen when closed. However at that time, Samsung advised users to purchase the official case rather than third party ones instead of acknowledging that there could be an issue with the update.
Now Samsung has done a 180 and come forward and admitted that there could be some software issues with the latest update that has affected third party accessories. In a statement Samsung released, “We have currently identified a software compatibility issue with the Galaxy Note 3 update to Android 4.4 (KitKat) and select 3rd party accessories. A software update will be available shortly. We are committed to offering a diverse and reliable mobile experience for all customers, providing continued support and solutions for any issues that arise with product updates for both Samsung manufactured and third-party accessories.” So there you have it, if you were thinking about updating to the latest Android, at least hold off from doing so until the fix has been issued.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-02-27 AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20 Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18 Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05 Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover