A couple of days ago we reported that a certain Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite had passed through the FCC. We have been hearing about this rumored handset for a while now, with the device speculated to be the slightly less powerful version of the Galaxy Grand 2 that was launched in South Korea. Well now according to new reports, we are hearing that the Galaxy Grand Lite could actually be known as the Galaxy Grand Neo upon its official release. Granted the Galaxy Grand Lite name was only speculated and for all we know it could have been a codename, or maybe Samsung wanted to jazz it up a bit, who knows?
In any case the specs of the Galaxy Grand Neo appear to be the same as what we have been hearing from before, so it looks like the only changes made are to its name, for now. As a quick recap for those who might have forgotten, the rumored specs of the upcoming handset includes a 5” 480×800 display along with a 1.2GHz quad-core processor. It will also be accompanied by 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a VGA front-facing camera, and a 2,100mAh battery. Not the most powerful specs but we can also assume it will not be breaking the bank anytime soon. Still no word on a launch date but with CES 2014 around the corner, perhaps we will learn more then.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display