We have been hearing rumors about a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite for a while now, and while we cannot be certain when the handset will be launched, we expect that MWC 2014 which is next month will be a good candidate. That being said, thanks to a newly leaked photo obtained by the folks at SamMobile, we now know how the handset might look like, at least when compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, its bigger brother. For those hearing about the Galaxy Note 3 Lite for the first time, the device is expected to be a slightly smaller and slightly less powerful version of the Galaxy Note 3.
As you can see in the image above, the handset will come with a slightly smaller display at 5.55” versus the Note 3’s 5.7” display. Interestingly enough despite the handset supposedly being a cheaper version of the Note 3, recent rumors have suggested that the handset will come with a hexa-core chipset, the first of its kind, that will continue to rely on ARM’s big.LITTLE architecture, meaning that there will be two 1.7GHz cores and four 1.3GHz cores which will alternate depending on how much processing power is needed, ultimately saving battery life in the process.
The Galaxy Note 3 Lite is also rumored to feature S Pen support, 2GB of RAM, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 3,100mAh battery, and a microSD card slot for additional storage. No word on which version of Android Samsung will choose to go with the Galaxy Note 3 Lite, but hopefully we will see Android 4.4 KitKat or newer.
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-03-14: New Samsung S Band Revealed In Leaked Slides
- 2014-02-12: Leaked Tizen Screenshot "Confirms" New TouchWiz UI
- 2014-02-12: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-01-08: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Could Feature A Hexa-Core Chipset