Do you happen to be in possession of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Well, if you have answered in the affirmative, then you might be interested to know that there is a new ROM (an unofficial one, of course) that is available, where it will deliver Android 4.4.2 KitKat goodness to your favorite phablet. Do bear in mind that this particular version of the unofficial ROM will be a test version for the SM-N9005 model, where it carries the firmware version N9005XXUENA6, making it one of the final builds. I guess that would translate to Samsung keeping pretty much about everything on it, other than a few bug kills and performance improvements.
Having said that, we could be as close as 1 to 2 weeks away from the official update rolling out, but to have it arrive on everyone’s phablets might still take some time. The changes that can be expected from this particular update could be similar to those found on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play edition. Status bar icon colors have been given a new coat of white, while the lockscreen itself will also feature a shortcut to the camera, apart from the implementation of full-screen album art whenever you are playing back some music.
Next Story: Burritobox Launches Burrito-Making Robots
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-02-27 AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20 Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18 Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05 Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics