We have been hearing a lot of rumors about the Samsung Galaxy S5, and if the rumors are to be believed, the handset could be announced very soon. Now one of the big changes supposedly making its way to the Galaxy S5 would be its choice of materials. In the past Samsung has used plastic to construct the body of the handset, and for the most part most people are fine with it, although lately many have been comparing Samsung’s phones to other devices like the HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, and the iPhone 5s in which more premium materials are used. This had led to rumors suggesting that the Galaxy S5 could sport a metal body, although to be fair we have heard rumors suggesting otherwise as well.
Well thanks to a new report from Korean publication, ETNews, it seems like we can expect a mix of materials in which Samsung will rely on body metal and plastic, as opposed to going full metal or full plastic. Based on the report, Samsung will introduce a metal battery cover, while other components of the phone will rely on plastic, which is done to help reduce the phone’s overall weight. There’s no telling how accurate this rumor is as it seems to pander towards those who are still leaning on the fence regarding the rumored materials, but then again it could also be true for all we know. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? How does the idea of a hybrid Samsung Galaxy S5 sound to you?
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review