Fingerprint scanners aren’t new, they have been around for a long time and have previously even tried their luck entering the mainstream market through smartphones. The trend was resurrected last year and suddenly it was all the rage. Apple’s much rumored iPhone 5s did indeed come with a fingerprint scanner, and Samsung was expected to follow up with the Galaxy Note 3, which it didn’t do. The HTC One Max did come with a fingerprint scanner, joining the very short list of high-end devices released in 2013 that are capable of scanning fingerprints. Now rumors have flared once again that Samsung is going to put said scanner in its upcoming high-end devices, one of which is the Galaxy S5.
Now there has been a lot of talk about the Galaxy S5 release. It has been rumored that Samsung wants to release it ahead of schedule due to disappointing Galaxy S4 sales. The company hasn’t confirmed anything as yet, so such rumors must definitely be taken with a grain of salt. This particular rumor comes from Digitimes, which also claims that even LG’s 2014 flagships are going to come with fingerprint scanners provided by a couple of companies called Validity and FingerPrint Cards. As per recent rumors, the Galaxy S5 is expected to be released at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next month, so we’ll know for sure then.
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Innovation Museum Opens In South Korea
- 2014-04-21: Slew Of Samsung Devices Appear On Zauba, QHD Model One Of Them
- 2014-04-20: Samsung.com Down Because Of Samsung Building Fire
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 'Kids Mode' Rumored